Warranty Program for Toshiba eS408P, eS408S Products.
This document has been prepared to explain those items that relate to the warranty program associated with the above mentioned products.
The program warrants the products to be free from any defects in manufacturing and materials for a period of one year (the Warranty Period) from the date of purchase of the product from Toshiba (Australia) Pty Ltd. [See NOTE below].
The program is the exclusive warranty offered by Toshiba (Australia) Pty Ltd., and is designed to provide suitable resolution to any failures of parts or consumables only at no charge to Toshiba authorised dealers during the period of the warranty. Toshiba (Australia) Pty Ltd. shall at its own discretion, determine if replacement parts or consumables will be supplied, or whether a replacement product is supplied based on the circumstances of each instance.
All warranty claims for parts or consumables should be made using the existing warranty claim form, and details of the item, description of the symptom and cause of any failure, date and counter reading(s) at the time of installation, date and counter reading(s) at the time the item failed should be included in that form. [In order that Toshiba (Australia) Pty Ltd. can process any warranty claims in the most effective method and within appropriate time frames, Toshiba may also request that authorised dealers provide supporting information regarding the product including, but not limited to service work history, information regarding supply date and / or installation date of parts and consumables, samples or copy / print taken from the product and sample of stock material being used].
Exceptions to this warranty are if any repairs to the products are necessary because of damage or problems caused as a result of any of the items shown in the section labelled “Items not included under this warranty” below.
Items not included under this warranty;
- Where damage to the product has been deemed to be caused by neglect or lack of maintenance by the user or service personnel.
- Where damage to the product has been deemed to be caused by mis-operation or misuse, or by the product not being operated in accordance with the instructions in the User and Service documentation.
- Where damage has been deemed to be caused by mis-handling of the product, parts or consumables.
- Where damage to the product has been deemed to be caused by the use of parts or consumables not supplied by Toshiba (Australia) Pty Ltd.
- Where damage to the product has been deemed to be caused by maintenance and repair carried out by a person other than a representative of a Toshiba authorised dealer.
Further, if a part or consumable has a “rated life” based on usage patterns, Toshiba (Australia) Pty Ltd reserves the right to make pro-rata compensation payments to the dealer based on the life of the item reached before it was replaced.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.