Secure your IT network
Security is a growing concern especially for small and medium sized businesses. Here in Australia & New Zealand, MFDs and laser printers are a critical point of vulnerability because they retain latent document images and contact information.
Toshiba document security technology provides comprehensive data protection to reduce the risks associated with storing confidential information on MFDs. We put technology and processes in place to help with security protocols and secure print practices.
Because MFDs and network printers function as complex network devices, we've developed several solutions that specifically address network security.
- Advanced Encryption provides on-the-fly encryption and decryption of data written to the device's hard drive.
- Data Overwrite Kit ensures all data is erased after every job in order to prevent the latent storage of valuable data.
- IPv6 ensures IP security with a larger IP address range, protection from scanning and attacks, and support for authentication as part of our optional IPsec©.
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)© employs encryption technology to protect all data traveling to and from the MFP.
- IP Filtering acts like a firewall to protect your internal network from intruders.
- SMB Signing adds a digital signature to ensure the integrity of all communications.
As workers become more mobile and printing is more often done remotely, document security is more prevalent than ever. Toshiba's point-to-point data encryption technology offers organisations security against hackers by making documents unintelligible to those attempting to seize them.
Toshiba MFDs also come equipped with a secure hard disc, ensuring that any confidential print or scan data is automatically overwritten and rendered unreadable. During the lifetime of the MFD, and even after decommission, you can rest assured that no confidential data can be retrieved from your Toshiba MFD.
Monitor user access
Toshiba's solutions offer restrictions of files or folders to certain users or groups safeguarding sensitive information in a secure location.
Take control of your printing
Enable your organisation to take control of your printing and mitigate risks associated with information leakage. You can minimise the risk of sensitive data being disclosed by assigning user authentication pin codes or swipe card technology. This ensures jobs are printed only once the user is at the printer.
In addition, the print archive function can also store a copy of every print job enabling you to view each user's document output activity.
We've developed simple yet highly effective methods of establishing access security without inconveniencing users. We can help streamline access, login, and control without sacrificing security.
- Network Authentication allows administrators to control access at the device in the same way it's controlled from the desktop.
- Department Codes provide valuable data tracking and usage information.
- Usage Limitations enable administrators to set limits for copy and print jobs, as well as track and control costs.
- Strong Passwords utilise a ten-digit alphanumeric administrative password for added protection along with a log-on attempt limitation.
- SmartCard Authentication requires the simple swipe of a card while allowing limited user access to specific features and functions.
Secure printing in and around the office
Imagine security policies that remain with each document as it travels inside and outside of your organisation. We can preserve the integrity, privacy and protection of all your critical data.
For example, Private Print prevents the wrong person from picking up the wrong printed document as it sits on the MFD. It also gives the user the option of printing private documents individually or multiple documents at one time. Preventing paper wastage is important; as you decide what gets printed and what doesn't.
holds print jobs in a central queue until the user logs on to any Pull Printing enabled MFP, ensuring that the correct user is physically present before the document is printed.
SecurePDF protects scanned documents, enabling users to assign a password in order to restrict viewing, printing, editing and copying of the scanned information. Up to 128-bit encryption can be used to keep the information safely stored.
Simply complete our contact form for further information and to talk with a Toshiba Security Specialist.